Wherever you go, there you are

Wherever you go, there you are

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My little/big cousin Stosh.

Last week my family lost someone dear to us. My cousin Stosh (Kris) took his own life by hanging himself in a tree behind the garage. He'd been trying to handle depression for some time and we believe he was also bi-polar making life very difficult for him. He also battled some serious demons with substance abuse the past few years. He fought them on his own battlefield and I believe that is the reason he chose to leave this life. But we will never know.
He was the youngest of "the cousins" and a favorite. He was boisterous, in your face, loved to laugh, and to make us all laugh. He was a gentle giant at 6'7" and had the soul of an angel. He loved his family without reservation,even tho at times we may not have deserved it. He understood unconditional love and taught me more about it. Loving without judgment is no easy task, yet he accomplished it with ease and grace. He was like my own son in so many ways early on. I remember watching him try to kick his way out of Aunt's stomach, watching him learn to walk with his shoes bolted to a bar that was to correct the turn of his feet, the way he'd laugh and run away only to turn around and stick out his tongue.......... all the way up to those styling big glasses of his, the braces that made his smile all the brighter........ and those HUUUUGE shoes size 16 right?
Mostly what I will remember how many times he'd say I love you cuz.......... and the big bear hugs that just melted me because I could feel that love in those muscley arms of his.
Tofor, Stosh, Kris - I'll miss you no matter what they call you. Tell your dad hello for me and I'll see you again.
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

No comments: