Wherever you go, there you are

Wherever you go, there you are

Monday, November 12, 2007

The quiet life

So, since September not much has happened that I can think of. Just working and keeping up with the kids.
Gary's dad has lung cancer, and we found out yesterday that their friend Ron's dad was just diagnosed with it as well. What a sad sad thing.
I have been working on the family trees for both of my parents' sides and have been really frustrated at the lack of available accurate information on my fathers' fathers' side. But I did make progress in documenting alot of people we didn't know and found a couple no one even remembered so its really been a cool learning experience and I've had great fun bonding with family I don't hear from very often. Its amazing to me the amount of changes in a family, hte births, marraiges, deaths that I know nothing about.
Heck, even my own father didn't tell me he was having surgery to replace BOTH of his hips!
Whats the deal with that?? I move away and I don't count anymore is that it?
Anyway, I got to see my godmother and my dad's baby sister while I was up, and I got to hang out with Dave & Missy and their little girl Jenna who is growing so fast its astounding!
Spent some time with mother and got the LD on her "dying wishes" that I could have lived without.
I mean, why do we have to talk about it? Write it all down in detail and tell us all where the details are and we'll handle it, eh?
So, that's all for now. Still waiting to see the new contract with the new income level so keep your fingers crossed so we can stay solvent. After all, my incomeis the only income Joe's leech of an ex can't get to!
Love to all,
K

No comments: